:::day eighteen::: FAST FROM YOURSELF

tuesday, october 6
If you think you are too small to make a difference, try spending the night in a closed room with a mosquito. –African saying
Have you ever looked at your life and felt powerless to make significant changes in the world because you’re “only one person?” What if, instead of being paralyzed by our own inabilities or overwhelmed by the world’s great needs, we lived as though our little acts of kindness really mattered … because they do matter to someone. Mother Teresa was known for saying, “We can do no great things, only small things with great love.”
She was determined to see the face of Jesus in every person she met, remembering His words, “whatever you did for the least of these, you did for Me.” Choose today to do something “small” for someone with the knowledge that you are serving Christ himself.
What if you actually saw Jesus starving, or suffering, or sick? What would you do for Him?

Read... Matthew 25:31-46

3 comments:

  1. Is there a hard copy of this challenge available, a pdf file to download?

    thanks - Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    The days I fasted from myself, beginning yesterday, I realized through the stick figure of me, that I have been "striving," in my own, fleshly power to "make things happen", especially with Uplifters. I confessed my sin, and God brought me to 3 Scriptures: Psalm 46:8-10, I Peter 5:6-10, which led me to Psalm 55:22. What an eye-opener from the Lord!
    Today, I will have an MRI for my neck, over which I am very anxious. So, I will pray and ask God to help me "Cast my burden upon the Lord, and He will sustain {me}; He will never let the righteous (after my confession of sin and faith in Him) to be shaken (or totter)."
    Sheri Matsumoto

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky, we do have hard copies, email me at sbourns@thegrove.cc with your mailing address and I will send you one. Glad you're joining in.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete